Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Q & A Journal

Have you seen this book?  My wife came across it on Pinterest the other day and absolutely fell in love with it, as did I.  We both found it very pinteresting! (Insert eye roll here.)


The idea behind the book is for your child to answer a question a day in just a few short lines.  It's billed as a family keepsake to keep treasured for a lifetime.  What a wonderful idea!

Then my fourth grade educated mind...wait...can I try that again.

Then my educator of fourth graders mind...there we go...went into high gear.  Can I use this in my classroom?  And the resounding answer inside my mind was YES!

And then my edtechy mind took over and I began envisioning my fourth graders tweeting an answer a day to the question in 140 characters or less.  While tweeting may not be the way to go, maybe blogging, I still love this idea.  Asking a question a day; some questions dealing with content and CCGPS, some dealing with current events, and some just dealing with life.

How will my students respond?  How will I respond?  Since this is a new idea I'm not sure if I will start it this year.  I think I'll make some questions up with a cutesy font and whimsical pictures and make a million dollars on Teachers Pay Teachers!  

Any ideas on how you could use this idea in your classroom.  I'd love to for you to share so I can steal it!!  (It's called collaboration, right?)

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...